An egg is the perfect breakfast or lunch time food – quick, easy and clean to cook, easy to eat, delicious and healthy. We are, however, fussy about how long we cook our eggs. Some people like their eggs hard-boiled all the way, some people like their eggs lightly cooked with a runny centre, and other people like the centre to be a little soft but not runny and not hard. So, to cook the perfect egg, you really need a perfect egg timer.
The I Heart Cooking Perfect Egg Timer works a little different from most. It doesn’t actually time the seconds and minutes like a traditional egg timing. Instead, it works on the temperature plus time to get the perfect egg yolk consistency consistently. Just as the heat penetrates the egg to cook it, the heat penetrates the timer’s material. The timer changes colour to show you how far the egg has cooked.
You simply place the timer in the hot water along with your egg. As the water heats the egg, it also heats the timer too. The timer changes colour as it heats. Markings on the timer show you how runny you can expect your egg to be. When you see the timer at the colour depth that matches how you like your egg, you can spoon your egg out and eat.
- Heat sensitive timing for advanced control
- Graduated scales show when eggs are soft, medium or hard by sensing heat instead of time
- Soft boiled eggs are exactly as you like them
- Hard boiled eggs are no longer over cooked, so they have the perfectly coloured yolks and a smooth texture
- Egg timer can be cooled on the counter
- Do not immerse the egg timer in cold water
- Place the egg timer in boiling water together with the eggs, and the eggs times shows by its colour whether the eggs are soft, medium or hard. Boil and wash the egg timer before use