- Ham hock
- 2 ham stock cubes
- lentils, broth mix
- grated potato
- grated carrots
- packet of dried or frozen veg
I don’t use measures it is just judgment to get it roughly balanced
- Put the hock in a slow cooker along with the stock cubes and enough water to half cover the hock and cook for 2 1/2 hours.
- Take hock out of the water and add the lentils, veg and broth.
- Strip the meat off of your hock and add it to the broth.
- Continue to cook on the slow cooker adding more warm water to as required. Cook for another 3 hours but the longer the better
You must log in to post a comment.