- 200g/7oz butter softened
- 100g/3½oz caster sugar
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g/9oz self-raising flour
- 140g/5oz oats
- Preheat the oven to 180C/200F/Gas 4. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg until well combined. Stir in the vanilla and flour until well combined.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
- Sprinkle the oats onto a plate, roll the balls in the oats and put them on the baking tray. Squash the balls slightly with your hands.
- Bake the biscuits for 12–15 minutes, or until pale golden-brown.
You must log in to post a comment.