Summary: Summary text here
Ingredients Everton Toffee
- 2 lbs granulated Sugar
- 1 small teacupful golden syrup
- 1 pint water
- 4 lb salted butter
- 1 teaspoonful cream of tartar
- a few drops of lemon essence to taste
- a few drops of Saffron food colouring
- Put in a good-sized pan, the sugar, water, syrup, and
one-third of the butter.
- Heat the mix so that everything dissolves.
- Add the cream of tartar.
- Boil until it reaches 260°F.
- Add the rest of the butter.
- Keep stirring and boiling on a low flame until the thermometer hits 300°F.
- Remove from the heat and add the lemon flavouring and saffron colouring
- Pour onto a greased marble or tray. Spread to about a 1/2 inch thickness. Score the surface with squares
- Leave to cool completely. When cold, break into pieces.
Notes go here.
Preparation time: 10 min Cooking time: 25 mins Total time: 35 min Yield: 30 servings
Diet type: vegetarian
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: Scottish
You must log in to post a comment.