Summary: Don’t settle for simple mac and cheese – making this pasta and cheese sauce dish is simple and tastes fantastic. Here we have used fettuccine instead of macaroni but you could use any kind of pasta. Fettuccine is shaped ribbons of pasta. Pasta dishes tend to be easy to make and this is no exception. It must be one of the easiest dishes to prepare. Perfect for a lazy lunch or for when you are in a rush.
Ingredients for Fettuccine Alfredo
- 500 g fettuccine
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, chopped finely
- 250 ml double cream
- 200 g finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (Parmesan cheese)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Cook the fettuccine pasta by boiling it in water until al dente
- Mix the other ingredients in a pan and heat until the cheese melts. Do not boil because the cream will curdle.
- Drain the water from the fettuccine and combine the fettuccine with the sauce
Using real, freshly grated, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese gives this recipe a special taste
Preparation time: 5 min Cooking time: 15 mins Total time: 20 min Yield: 3 servings
Diet type: Vegetarian
Meal type: main
Culinary tradition: Italian
You must log in to post a comment.