Summary: Risotto with Saffron, Salmon, and Scallops. Many people find risotto difficult to make. It is but isn’t really. The problem is knowing just how much water to add, and how long to cook, to get the right texture of risotto rice. This varies with the kind of rice you have, so this risotto recipe will have to be adjusted through trial and error till you get it right.
Ingredients for Risotto allo Zafferano con Salmone e Conchiglie dei Pellegrini
- 4 scallops
- 200 g salmon cubed
- Butter or Olive oil
- 30 g butter
- 200 g risotto rice
- 2 shallots, very finely chopped
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 1000 ml vegetable or chicken stock
- a pinch of saffron
- a pinch of dried ground cayenne pepper
- 150 g ground Parmigiano (parmesan cheese)
- Thread the scallops and salmon onto skewers and lightly salt and pepper them
- Melt the butter or olive in a frying pan and flash fry the skewers, turning occasionally
- For the risotto, melt a little more butter and lightly fry the shallots
- Add the rice and the white wine and stir gently
- Gradually add the vegetable or chicken stock, a spoon or two at a time, and stir the rice slowly but regularly.
- It will take about 15 to 20 minutes for the rice to cook fully
- Towards the end of the cooking time, add the saffron and Parmigiano cheese
- Spoon the risotto onto plates and place the skewers on top to serve
Notes go here.
Preparation time: 10 min Cooking time: 30 mins Total time: 40 min Yield: 4 servings
Diet type: Fish
Meal type: main
Culinary tradition: Italian
You must log in to post a comment.